"Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ...You Discover a New Way of Bringing Your Equipage into a Small Compass
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink and black ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 7 3/8 × 10 5/16 inches (18.7 × 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "14"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-16"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | carriage | crash | driver | driving | falling | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | people | whip | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ...You Discover a New Way of Bringing Your Equipage into a Small Compass, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.