"Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ...You Discover a New Way of Bringing Your Equipage into a Small Compass
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink and black ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 10 5/16 inches (18.7 × 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "14"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-16"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | carriage | crash | driver | driving | falling | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | people | whip | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ...You Discover a New Way of Bringing Your Equipage into a Small Compass, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.