- "Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ... Trying a New Match you Discover That They are Not Only Alike in Color, Weight and Action, but in Disposition
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink and black ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 10 7/16 inches (18.6 × 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "5"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12 - 17A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | carriage | coat | driver | driving | galloping | genre subject | hat | horses (animals) | men | people | speed
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ... Trying a New Match you Discover That They are Not Only Alike in Color, Weight and Action, but in Disposition, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.