IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ... Trying a New Match you Discover That They are Not Only Alike in Color, Weight and Action, but in Disposition, undated
"Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:" ... Trying a New Match you Discover That They are Not Only Alike in Color, Weight and Action, but in Disposition
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 10 7/16 inches (18.6 × 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "5"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12 - 17A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | carriage | coat | driver | driving | galloping | genre subject | hat | horses (animals) | men | people | speed
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.