"Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting a Dive
- between 1848 and 1851
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 × 10 5/8 inches (19.2 × 27 cm) and Image: 7 7/16 × 10 1/2 inches (18.9 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | falling | hats | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | stream | swimming | water | whips (animal equipment)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting a Dive, between 1848 and 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.