Symptoms: of Promising a Vote, of Reminding an Elector, of a Bang up Drive in a Lunday, of Spoiling a Chicken, of Breaking a Hunter, of Reminding a Member, of a Convenient Memory.
- Part Of:
- between 1822 and 1827
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 × 9 1/16 inches (17.9 × 23 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[of privileged?] up you, of [I'm you?] promised"; upper center: "of a bang up drive on LUnddry"; upper right: "spoiling a Chicken"; center left: "of breaking - A Hunter"; center right: "of [sir?] you promised of don't [?] of"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- embrace | fence | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | whip | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Promising a Vote, of Reminding an Elector, of a Bang up Drive in a Lunday, of Spoiling a Chicken, of Breaking a Hunter, of Reminding a Member, of a Convenient Memory, between 1822 and 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.