IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Promising a Vote, of Reminding an Elector, of a Bang up Drive in a Lunday, of Spoiling a Chicken, of Breaking a Hunter, of Reminding a Member, of a Convenient Memory, between 1822 and 1827
Symptoms: of Promising a Vote, of Reminding an Elector, of a Bang up Drive in a Lunday, of Spoiling a Chicken, of Breaking a Hunter, of Reminding a Member, of a Convenient Memory.
- Part Of:
- between 1822 and 1827
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 × 9 1/16 inches (17.9 × 23 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[of privileged?] up you, of [I'm you?] promised"; upper center: "of a bang up drive on LUnddry"; upper right: "spoiling a Chicken"; center left: "of breaking - A Hunter"; center right: "of [sir?] you promised of don't [?] of"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- couple | embrace | fence | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | jumping | kissing | men | whip | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.