An Illustration of H. Bunbury ('Geoffrey Gambado'), "An Academy for Grown Horsemen: 'A Bit of Blood'
- Pen, in brown ink, with brown wash on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 × 6 5/8 inches (20.5 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, center right: "THE BRIDLE WAY | TO HORSE-LYDOWN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridle | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | rocks (landforms) | saddle | signage | sporting art | spurs (accessories worn) | stirrups
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, An Illustration of H. Bunbury ('Geoffrey Gambado'), "An Academy for Grown Horsemen: 'A Bit of Blood', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.