An Illustration of H. Bunbury ('Geoffrey Gambado'), "An Academy for Grown Horsemen: 'A Bit of Blood'
- Pen, in brown ink, with brown wash on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 × 6 5/8 inches (20.5 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, center right: "THE BRIDLE WAY | TO HORSE-LYDOWN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridle | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | rocks (landforms) | saddle | signage | sporting art | spurs (accessories worn) | stirrups
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, An Illustration of H. Bunbury ('Geoffrey Gambado'), "An Academy for Grown Horsemen: 'A Bit of Blood', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.