- The Cuckold Departs for the Hunt
- ca. 1800
- Pen, in black ink, with watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 13/16 × 8 15/16 inches (17.3 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "F35"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Each mortal who Fav'rite pleasure pursued | much sport to you my love"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1217"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adultery | bed | genre subject | hunt | men | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Cruikshank, 1756–1810, British, The Cuckold Departs for the Hunt, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.