IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, The Death, undated
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Mount: 9 7/16 × 11 3/4 inches (24 × 29.8 cm), Sheet: 7 × 9 7/16 inches (17.8 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "HRH 17 - 10A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horn, hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.