- The Death
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Mount: 9 7/16 × 11 3/4 inches (24 × 29.8 cm) and Sheet: 7 × 9 7/16 inches (17.8 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "HRH 17 - 10A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horn, hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, The Death, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.