IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, The Deer-Stalker, Oct. 15, 1852, 1852
The Deer-Stalker, Oct. 15, 1852
- Pen and brown ink, and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 × 4 3/8 inches (18.3 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper right: "15. October! 1852. | [ManLodge | [EL?]" (encircled in monogram)
Signed and dated in brown ink, upper right: "15. October! 1852. | [?MarLodge]."; in brown ink, upper right: "EL" in monogram, encircled.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- deer | hunting | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.