James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Riders and Hounds in an Open Landscape, undated
Riders and Hounds in an Open Landscape
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, thick, slightly textured, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Mount (2nd mount): 10 13/16 × 16 5/8 inches (27.5 × 42.2 cm), Mount: 8 1/4 × 13 3/8 inches (21 × 34 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 × 13 1/8 inches (20.3 × 33.3 cm), and Sheet: 7 11/16 × 12 7/8 inches (19.5 × 32.7 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | town | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.