- Riders and Hounds in an Open Landscape
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, thick, slightly textured, wove paper, mounted on, modertatly thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Mount: 10 13/16 × 16 5/8 inches (27.5 × 42.2 cm), Mount: 8 1/4 × 13 3/8 inches (21 × 34 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 × 13 1/8 inches (20.3 × 33.3 cm), and Sheet: 7 11/16 × 12 7/8 inches (19.5 × 32.7 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | town | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Riders and Hounds in an Open Landscape, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.