Le Piaffe (2): Training a Bridled and Saddled Horse at the Pillar
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 9 11/16 × 19 13/16 inches (24.6 × 50.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 × 7 15/16 inches (18.1 × 20.2 cm), and Sheet: 6 1/2 × 7 3/8 inches (16.5 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "[Lo Piafer?]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Backwardness | [Posh?] yellowish"
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Le Piaffe (2): Training a Bridled and Saddled Horse at the Pillar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.