Le Piaffe (2): Training a Bridled and Saddled Horse at the Pillar
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 9 11/16 × 19 13/16 inches (24.6 × 50.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 × 7 15/16 inches (18.1 × 20.2 cm), and Sheet: 6 1/2 × 7 3/8 inches (16.5 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "[Lo Piafer?]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Backwardness | [Posh?] yellowish"
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Le Piaffe (2): Training a Bridled and Saddled Horse at the Pillar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.