Flying Childers at Exercise: Hooded and Rugged, with Jockey Up, Galloping Up, Galloping to Left
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- 8 3/8 × 11 1/2 inches (21.3 × 29.2 cm), 6 11/16 × 9 3/16 inches (17 × 23.3 cm), and 6 1/16 × 8 5/8 inches (15.4 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "Childers"
Watermark: ProPatria; Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- exercise | figure study | galloping | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Flying Childers at Exercise: Hooded and Rugged, with Jockey Up, Galloping Up, Galloping to Left, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.