Kindly, with Jockey Up
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 8 1/16 inches (16 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "D: of Bridgwaters Kindly beat Carson Borgia over | Weight Rider all Yellow cap & Breeches | Sadle the Duke's Livory | brownish Redish purple trim'd yellows"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Kindly, with Jockey Up, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.