Kindly, with Jockey Up
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 8 1/16 inches (16 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "D: of Bridgwaters Kindly beat Carson Borgia over | Weight Rider all Yellow cap & Breeches | Sadle the Duke's Livory | brownish Redish purple trim'd yellows"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Kindly, with Jockey Up, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.