Victorious, with Jockey Up
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 × 7 1/2 inches (13.8 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "[D.?] Portsmore's Vie: beat Fox Hunter even Weight | Rider Green Wastcoat Leather Breeches black Cap | green & orange colour'd sadle Cloath-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Victorious, with Jockey Up, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.