- Hind Legs and Tail of a Horse
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 10 3/4 × 9 1/8 inches (27.3 × 23.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 3/16 × 7 1/4 inches (20.8 × 18.4 cm), and Sheet: 7 5/8 × 6 11/16 inches (19.4 × 17 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, upper left: "+ + reddis Edges | ^ | Greyish | lightish brown"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, center left: "a small sta[?] higher a little than in the Draft | & a frleshy colur'd strip Lower D | whitish Fleshy | Tail high & Handsome"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Hind Legs and Tail of a Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.