Racehorse with Jockey Up: the Jockey Holds a Whip in His Teeth
- Graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, dark green, wove paper
- Mount: 8 1/2 × 10 3/4 inches (21.6 × 27.3 cm) and Sheet: 5 3/8 × 7 1/8 inches (13.7 × 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "James Seymour | 1702-1752"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "5 | BEIGE | [F/M 1/4-?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Racehorse with Jockey Up: the Jockey Holds a Whip in His Teeth, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.