- Racehorse with Jockey Up: Galloping, Seen from the Near-Side; the Jockey Holds a Switch
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 10 1/8 × 11 3/4 inches (25.7 × 29.8 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (20 × 24.8 cm), and Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 5/16 inches (16.5 × 21.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "too long for Shorlin | more of Costly on Grey Keepe &"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | galloping | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Racehorse with Jockey Up: Galloping, Seen from the Near-Side; the Jockey Holds a Switch, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.