- Gouache and graphite on medium, smooth, greenish-yellow, vellum paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 × 5 15/16 inches (19.8 × 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "[21?] or "[2/?]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Attributed to | D3H69/ George Edwards 1694-1773 | The artist visited Norway in 1718 | LGD"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | snow | walruses
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.