Dismounted Rider Breaking Open a Fence for Foxhounds to Pass Through
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 6 13/16 × 8 3/16 inches (17.3 × 20.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown wash, lower right: "F.T."; inscribed in blue graphite, verso, center right: "26"
Signed in brown wash, lower right.T."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | figure study | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunter | hunting | man | sporting art | tree
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Tayler, 1802–1889, British, Dismounted Rider Breaking Open a Fence for Foxhounds to Pass Through, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.