"The Passage to the Right Aided by the Rider's Rod & the Master Holding the Alonge: Engraved as plate 10 in Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse...
- Pen, in gray ink, black ink, gray wash and graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 6 3/16 inches (21 × 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen with gray ink, on verso, center: "The Passage to the right aided by the Riders Rod and | the Master holding the Alonge."; inscribed in graphite, on verso, lower right: "D2792b(2)ox"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | figure study | figures (representations) | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horsemen | men | sporting art | tricorn hats
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, "The Passage to the Right Aided by the Rider's Rod & the Master Holding the Alonge: Engraved as plate 10 in Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse.., 1729