The Sporting Parson: "The Sporting Parson at the Meet(ing) of His 'Dear Brethren' "
- Black chalk, watercolor and white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 inches (27.3 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "1"; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "1 The Sporting Parson | At the meet(ing) of his dear Bretheren."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Phiz."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dogs (animals) | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | meeting | men | parson | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "The Sporting Parson at the Meet(ing) of His 'Dear Brethren' ", undated