"The Manege-Gallop with the right leg" engraved as plate 14 in "Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse..."
- Pen, in gray ink, black ink, graphite, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 6 1/4 inches (16.8 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with gray ink, verso, center left: "The Manege Gallop with the Right Leg."
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | figures (representations) | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horsemen | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, "The Manege-Gallop with the right leg" engraved as plate 14 in "Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse...", 1729
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.