"The Manege-Gallop with the right leg" engraved as plate 14 in "Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse..."
- Pen, in gray ink, black ink, graphite, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 6 1/4 inches (16.8 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with gray ink, verso, center left: "The Manege Gallop with the Right Leg."
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | figures (representations) | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horsemen | men | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, "The Manege-Gallop with the right leg" engraved as plate 14 in "Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse...", 1729