James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Lord Stanhope (Later Earl of Chesterfield) as a Boy, Riding a Pony, undated
Lord Stanhope (Later Earl of Chesterfield) as a Boy, Riding a Pony
- Black chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 8 inches (23.7 × 20.3 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JW. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | boy | equestrian | genre subject | hat | pony (animal) | portrait | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- Chesterfield | England | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Stanhope, Philip, fifth earl of Chesterfield (1755–1815), politician
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.