Horse's Foreleg: Possibly a Study for "L'Amour de Cheval", Dated 1827, in the Tate Gallery
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on, medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 6 13/16 inches (14.6 × 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, verso, center: "Study for leg of stallion | in the picture of stallion | and Mare in the Tate Gallery | T. E. L."
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JWD. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horse (animal) | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Horse's Foreleg: Possibly a Study for "L'Amour de Cheval", Dated 1827, in the Tate Gallery, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.