Illustration to H. Bunbury ('Geoffrey Gambado') Annals of Horsemanship: '6 Love and Wind'
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Mount: 9 7/8 × 7 13/16 inches (25.1 × 19.8 cm), Sheet: 9 1/16 × 7 inches (23 × 17.8 cm), Image: 8 9/16 × 7 inches (21.7 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower center: "LOVE and WIND. | Juvenum pulcherimus alter, altera quas briens habuit praelata Pue[ltis?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | genre subject | grass | horseback riders | horseback riding | horsemanship | horses (animals) | man | sporting art | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, Illustration to H. Bunbury ('Geoffrey Gambado') Annals of Horsemanship: '6 Love and Wind', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.