Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Huntsman, Galloping to Left and Encouraging Hounds, undated
The Huntsman, Galloping to Left and Encouraging Hounds
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 12 9/16 inches (22.5 × 31.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM 10 - 11."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | galloping | hat | hill | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.