- The Huntsman, Galloping to Left and Encouraging Hounds
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 12 9/16 inches (22.5 × 31.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM 10 - 11."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | galloping | hat | hill | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Huntsman, Galloping to Left and Encouraging Hounds, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.