- The Death: The Fox Hoist to a Fence
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 17 5/16 inches (26 × 44 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM 10 - 12."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- death | dogs (animals) | fence | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Death: The Fox Hoist to a Fence, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.