'Rather Too Slow'
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 13 1/8 inches (23.7 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "RATHER too SLOW"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 13."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | field | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | landscape | men | sporting art | trees | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, 'Rather Too Slow', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.