IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Preparing for a Hunt at Selhurst Park, Nov. 14, 1796, 1796
Preparing for a Hunt at Selhurst Park, Nov. 14, 1796
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, brown wash, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 × 9 13/16 inches (19.8 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, center right: "Nore Hill | North Wood"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2559";inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, lower right: "View of Selhurst Park FARM. x the Nore hilll. Monday 14th. Nov. 1796"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | house | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.