Preparing for a Hunt at Selhurst Park, Nov. 14, 1796
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, brown wash, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 × 9 13/16 inches (19.8 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, center right: "Nore Hill | North Wood"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2559";inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, lower right: "View of Selhurst Park FARM. x the Nore hilll. Monday 14th. Nov. 1796"
Verso, center: Paull Mellon Collector's stamp
Dated on verso in pen with brown ink, lower right: "14th Nov. 1796"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | house | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Preparing for a Hunt at Selhurst Park, Nov. 14, 1796, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.