'Riding to Horses with Difficulty'
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 13 1/4 inches (23.7 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower center: "Riding horses with difficulty."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 13A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- field | galloping | hills | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | landscape | men | sporting art | whip
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, 'Riding to Horses with Difficulty', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.