Jumping a Wooden Fence
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 10 5/8 × 14 11/16 inches (27 × 37.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 16/1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Watermark J. Whatman 1846 | 9600 (s) | W/M 1846"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "01993 | HRM. 10 - 16."
Watermark: "J WHATMAN | TURKEY MILL | 1846"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | plants | sporting art | trees | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Jumping a Wooden Fence, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.