Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Foxhunting: Drawing a Cover, undated
Foxhunting: Drawing a Cover
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 12 7/16 inches (23.8 × 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Glos. Coll. (HRH. 14 - 25)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | dogs (animals) | fence | fields | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.