Foxhunting: Gone Away
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 12 3/8 inches (23.7 × 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, over graphite, center right: "STEEL TRAPS | SET | IN THESE | GROUNDS"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Glos. Coll (HRH. 14 - 26)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | dogs (animals) | fence | fields | fox hunting | gate | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | path | sign | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Foxhunting: Gone Away, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.