IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Night Riders of Nacton: The Finish. Nacton Church and Village, undated
The Night Riders of Nacton: The Finish. Nacton Church and Village
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 14 1/8 inches (25.7 × 35.9 cm), Mount: 11 × 14 inches (27.9 × 35.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | equestrians | horses (animals) | sporting art | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.