- Foxhunting: Gone to Ground
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 14 1/4 inches (25.4 × 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "[Original?]"
Signed, in graphite, lower right: "Alken"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | dogs (animals) | fence | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art | trees | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Foxhunting: Gone to Ground, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.