IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Ferneley, 1782–1860, British, The Duke of Cumberland Riding With Mr. de Burgh's Hunt, undated
The Duke of Cumberland Riding With Mr. de Burgh's Hunt
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, graphite, gouache and gum arabic on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 × 12 9/16 inches (22.1 × 31.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, verso, upper right: "J18906"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Fenerly"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.