- Trying the Mare
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 × 10 15/16 inches (22.1 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed bottom right in artist's hand in graphite: "S. Alken | 1813"
Signed and dated, in graphite, lower left: "S. Alken Jr. | 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | dog (animal) | fence | horses (animals) | mare | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Alken, 1756–1815, British, Trying the Mare, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.