Return From the Chase, After a Fall
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 × 15 13/16 inches (30.5 × 40.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 3/8 × 15 3/8 inches (28.9 × 39.1 cm), and Image: 11 × 14 15/16 inches (27.9 × 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "g350 | 02801"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Return from the Chase"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "M35"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | dogs (animals) | falling | gate | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, Return From the Chase, After a Fall, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.