A Chaise and Pair, With Post-Boy
- Pen, in gray ink, black ink, gray wash, graphite, and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 14 3/4 inches (18.7 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.835 | E622"
Paul Mellon Collector's stamp, verso, lower center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | chaise | genre subject | horses (animals) | landscape | men | pair | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, A Chaise and Pair, With Post-Boy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.