- An Elopement by Moonlight
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, black ink, red ink, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 × 14 7/16 inches (24.6 × 36.7 cm)
Signed and dated, with pen in brown ink, lower left: "CB Newhouse 1834"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | carriage | genre subject | horses (animals) | landscape | men | moon | moonlight | night | road | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles B. Newhouse, fl. c.1820–1836, British, An Elopement by Moonlight, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.