Possibly James Pollard, 1792–1867, British, The Derby Day: Tits and Trampers on the Road to Epsom, undated
The Derby Day: Tits and Trampers on the Road to Epsom
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 × 15 1/16 inches (25.2 × 38.3 cm) and Image: 9 15/16 × 14 inches (25.2 × 35.6 cm)
Signed in pen with blue ink, lower left: "J Pollard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriages | clouds | coats | dust | harnesses | hats | horses (animals) | jackets | men | outside | riding (horseback riding) | riding (traveling) | riding crops | road | sporting art | trees | walking | wheels | whips (animal equipment) | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.