- "The Poacher's Progress:" Poachers Scuffling with the Constables in the Skittle Ground
- Graphite, watercolor, and varnish on thick, moderately textured, brown, wood pulp paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 × 17 5/8 inches (32.2 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "58 | 57"; inscribed in blue crayon, verso, center: "III"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- constables | dogs (animals) | fences | fighting | hats | hunting | men | sporting art | structures | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
C. Blake, active 1825–1826, "The Poacher's Progress:" Poachers Scuffling with the Constables in the Skittle Ground, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.