IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
C. Blake, active 1825–1826, "The Poacher's Progress:" Poachers Scuffling with the Constables in the Skittle Ground, undated
"The Poacher's Progress:" Poachers Scuffling with the Constables in the Skittle Ground
- Graphite, watercolor, and varnish on very thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 × 17 5/8 inches (32.2 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "58 | 57"; inscribed in blue crayon, verso, center: "III"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- constables | dogs (animals) | fences | fighting | hats | hunting | men | sporting art | structures | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Robert Colls, This sporting life : sport and liberty in England, 1760-1960, Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 2020, p. 372, GV706.35 .C65 2020 (LC) YCBA [ORBIS]
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.