- Netting Partridges
- ca. 1750
- Pen and black ink, gray ink, and gray wash on Medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 × 11 13/16 inches (19.2 × 30 cm)
Inscribedd in graphite, verso, lower left: "D3314 | Thomas Roper Exh 1766 | Netting Partridges c.1750 | LGD"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper right: "7"
Signed, in pen with black ink, lower left: 'Tho: Ros Mort [?] [Dol?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | figures (representations) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hound (dog) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | net | partridges | river | sporting art | stream | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Ross, active from 1753, British, Netting Partridges, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.