Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Race on the Knavesmire at York, undated
A Race on the Knavesmire at York
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink and gray ink on thick, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 14 inches (21.6 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | carriage | crowd | hats | horses (animals) | jockeys | race (event) | race tracks | racing | sporting art | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | York | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.