Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Race on the Knavesmire at York, undated
A Race on the Knavesmire at York
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and gray ink on thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 14 inches (21.6 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | carriage | crowd | hats | horses (animals) | jockeys | race (event) | race tracks | racing | sporting art | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | York | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.