"The Poacher's Progress:" 'Poachers Stalking for Partridges'
- Graphite, watercolor, and varnish on thick, moderately textured, brown, wood pulp paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 × 17 1/2 inches (31.1 × 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in blue crayong, verso, center: "IIII"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunting | landscape | men | partridges | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Robert Colls, This sporting life : sport and liberty in England, 1760-1960, Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 2020, pp. 44, 372, GV706.35 .C65 2020 (LC) YCBA [ORBIS]
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA) [YCBA]