Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Return from the Hunt, 1787
The Return from the Hunt
- Watercolor, with pen, in gray ink and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 8 1/16 x 11 7/8 inches (20.5 x 30.2 cm) and Sheet: 7 5/8 x 11 9/16 inches (19.4 x 29.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | horses (animals) | hunting | men | porch | sporting art | stairs | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.