A Horseman and Other Figures at a Race-Course
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Mount: 13 5/8 × 16 15/16 inches (34.6 × 43 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 10 7/8 × 14 1/4 inches (27.6 × 36.2 cm), and Sheet: 10 1/8 × 13 9/16 inches (25.7 × 34.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "13 3/4 x 10 1/4"; inscribed in pen with black ink, verso, lower right: "F129"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "F129"
Watermark: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | figure study | figures (representations) | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horsemen | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Raphael Lamar West, 1769–1850, British, A Horseman and Other Figures at a Race-Course, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.