- How to Vault in the Saddle
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 13 x 10 3/4 inches (33 x 27.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 1/2 × 10 1/4 inches (31.8 × 26 cm), and Sheet: 10 3/4 x 8 7/16 inches (27.3 x 21.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower left: "Rowlandson"; inscribed with pen in black ink, lower right: "HOW TO VAULT IN THE SADDLE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | doorway | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | saddle | tree | window | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, How to Vault in the Saddle, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.