- Preliminary Study for "A Game of Bowls on the Bowling Green Outside the Bunch of Grapes Inn, Hurst, Berkshire"
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 × 12 7/16 inches (22.7 × 31.6 cm) and Image: 8 5/8 × 12 1/8 inches (21.9 × 30.8 cm)
Watermark: "J Watman | 1794"
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "Rooker"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | benches | bowls | buildings | castle | fence | green | inn | study (visual work) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Europe | Hurst | St. Nicholas Hurst | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, Preliminary Study for "A Game of Bowls on the Bowling Green Outside the Bunch of Grapes Inn, Hurst, Berkshire", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.