- Angelica Kauffman
- Stipple engraving, mezzotint, and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (35.1 x 27.4 cm), Plate: 12 11/16 x 10 3/8 inches (32.3 x 26.3 cm), and Image: 9 5/8 x 8 1/8 inches (24.4 x 20.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/ | (IR74/2139)"
Lettered in brown ink along lower left border of oval image: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinx."; along lower center border of oval image: "John Boydell excudit, 1780."; along lower right border of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpsit."; lower center: "ANGELICA KAUFFMAN, | Ex Academia Regali Artium Londini. | Published Septr? 3; 1780 by John Boydell, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braid | costume | drawing | dress | fur | oval | painter (artist) | paper | pencil | portrait | Royal Academy of Arts | tiara | woman
- Associated People:
- Kauffman, Angelica (1741–1807), history and portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Wendy Wassyng Roworth, The Residence of the Arts, Angelica Kauffman's Place in Rome , pp. 164-65, fig. 6.4, V 2237 (YCBA) Chapter 6 in Italy's Eighteenth Century: Gender and Culture in the Age of the Grand Tour, Stanford: Stanford University Press
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Angelica Kauffman, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.