- Additional Title(s):
- Stipple engraving, mezzotint, and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (35.1 x 27.4 cm), Plate: 12 11/16 x 10 3/8 inches (32.3 x 26.3 cm), and Image (oval): 9 5/8 x 8 1/8 inches (24.4 x 20.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/ | (IR74/2139)"
Lettered in brown ink along lower left border of oval image: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinx."; along lower center border of oval image: "John Boydell excudit, 1780."; along lower right border of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpsit."; lower center: "ANGELICA KAUFFMAN, | Ex Academia Regali Artium Londini. | Published Septr? 3; 1780 by John Boydell, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braid | costume | drawing | dress | fur | oval | painter (artist) | paper | pencil | portrait | Royal Academy of Arts | tiara | woman
- Associated People:
- Kauffmann, Angelica (1741–1807), history and portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Wendy Wassyng Roworth, The Residence of the Arts, Angelica Kauffman's Place in Rome , pp. 164-65, fig. 6.4, V 2237 (YCBA) Chapter 6 in Italy's Eighteenth Century: Gender and Culture in the Age of the Grand Tour, Stanford: Stanford University Press