Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Arrest of Lord Edward Fitzgerald, undated
The Arrest of Lord Edward Fitzgerald
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 5 9/16 × 8 11/16 inches (14.1 × 22 cm) and 3 15/16 × 5 1/2 inches (10 × 14 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshanke | The Arrest of Lord Edward Fitzgerald."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrested | bed | bedroom | fighting | historical subject | Irish rebellion of 1798 | lords | men | nobles | pistols | shot | swords | top hats
- Associated People:
- Fitzgerald, Lord Edward (1763 - 1798), military/naval
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.